My name is Denise and I named my dog grooming business Speddles after my rescue Cocker Spaniel, Mylo! It means ‘Special’. I undertook a 6 month dog grooming course at a working salon before starting my business in 2013. I continue my professional development by attending as many seminars and training days as possible and I am a member of a UK groomers networking site where I can seek advice from top groomers across the UK and European countries, my aim is to work towards obtaining my International Certificate of Master Groomers (ICMG). I am first aid trained for both humans and animals, so you can rest assured your pet is in safe hands!
I work on a one-to-one basis, ensuring each dog has my full attention throughout. My main priority is the dog’s care and happiness, I do not force groom. If your dog has issues regarding grooming or has had a bad experience during a previous groom, please let me know at the time of booking the appointment, I offer a free 30 minute consultation for all dogs to assess their temperament before working out a schedule of visits tailored to each individual dog’s needs and I ask that customers work with me to ensure their dog has the best grooming experience possible.
I work in accordance with the British Dog Grooming Association’s guidelines, and I adhere to the Animal Welfare Act 2006 by following the five freedoms:
- Freedom from Hunger and Thirst by ready access to fresh water and diet to maintain health and vigor.
- Freedom from Discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including bedding and a comfortable resting area.
- Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease by health check and safe handling.
- Freedom to Express Normal Behavior by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
- Freedom from Fear and Distress by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering